A fantastic update to a truly great alternative to Adobe Photoshop. Here’s a number of new features that the latest version includes:
- Smart Shape Tools: Quickly adjust shapes’ outlines with easy-to-use controls to get just the look you’re after
- Custom Shapes palette: Packed with dozens of readily available shapes that are as easy to add as dragging and dropping
- Shape Style palette: Effortlessly create more polished, advanced shapes with the new Fill, Stroke Style, Shadow and Inner Shadow features
- Smart Move Tool: Knows when you are working with image or shape layers and gives you the options you need at that time
- New Paint Selection Tool: The simplest and fastest way to make even challenging selections in your images with just a few brush strokes
- New Light Leak Effect: Makes it easy and fun to create stunning, retro-artistically illuminated images from any of your photos
There’s also a lot of improvement and bug fixes included in this update. It’s hard to believe this costs just $15 and is still being made available as a free update to existing customers. I purchased Pixelmator when it first arrived on the Mac App Store and the updates it’s had have all been for free.